Saturday, July 24, 2010

On the Edge of BROWNS 2010

Well folks, here it is, the edge of the 2010 Cleveland Browns NFL season. Browns Training camp has already opened for rookies. As for me, I keep on keeping on knowing that God is in control and I know where I'm eventually headed, even if the path there (to Jesus Heavenly Kingdom) looks like a mountain to climb


NEW FILM SCAN EQUIPMENT: Well after using Nikon's FH-816 holder in the 9000ED scanner for how long, I'll be trying out a new 110 film holder for the Nikon. Made by FilmScanUSA, this could be the holder that makes 110 negative scans so much easier.
Problem with the old FH-816 is that either with VueScan or the Nikon software, framing what you want to scan is a tricky process. I won't bore all you with details. Especially since VueScan's frame offset settings in the newer VueScan versions seem to have no effect (In the older 8.41 version, the offset setting adjusted the scan but now that seems to have stopped working). I've heard some good things about the new holder, let's see if they're true .





Night at the Observatory: Over the July 4th weekend, we had a visit from Carolyn Tallman and her two kids Meg and Joe Jr. (Wish Joe could have made it, he had a operation done on his leg recently and couldn’t make the drive from St. Petersburg). After a nice dinner at Thai Thai in downtown Cocoa (along with Marti), we were invited by Carolyn to join them at the Brevard Community College Observatory for a nifty laser light show in the planetarium. Now I’ve been to a couple of the observatory events (the Mars viewing thru their big scope and a planetarium show) and this show was really nifty. Meg (age 7) really enjoyed the show. Makes for a nice educational field trip. Now we have to get Gigi, Laci and Mommy Tina there for a show. (Gigi is visiting Aunt Holly out in California until August so we'll have to wait till then).

Speaking of Gigi, she wants to play soccer this coming fall (in lieu of Pop Warner cheerleading) so we’ll have our hands full this coming fall. That and my Cleveland Browns on Sundays.

New power pack for laptop: If there’s one thing about these laptops that really drives me bananas, it is how the power packs always seem to break at the wrong times. Now I’m shopping around for a replacement power pack for the laptop. Oh mine still works but it has a intermittent break in the wire near the plug which causes it to cut out on occasion. Not fun when you discover that your laptop wasn’t charging up because the power pack wire was screwed up.

No power at the horse barn AAARGH!!!: Two weeks now and the owners of the horse barn where we keep our horses still hasn’t got the electricity going? I’m wondering what the heck is going on? I suspect they (the owners) are saving money by not having the electricity running. Never mind the horses are suffering in this Florida heat.

From Hank's Grooveyard: I'm not much of a Madonna fan but a couple of her songs I really like, including this one from my junior year in college (1987), "Who's That Girl".

A question I found myself asking quite a bit during my junior year. Now I was engaged to be married at the time but wouldn’t you know, it seemed like every young college freshman girl (and one high school cheerleader) had their sights on yours truly. Which of course left me asking on a number of occasions who’s that girl?

(Now where were they when I was 16 and in a dry spell for a time?).



Usually I include a musical link here but can't seem to find one for this song. But there's this Wiki article on the song

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_That_Girl_%28Madonna_song%29



But the memories that year, a slave in the computer lab, my 85 Mustang GT (which my then girlfriend always seemed to be snatching away and driving home to her house, leaving me her car at my dorm) and those dreaded Calculus homework assignments (I knew I should have went the Business Admin route in Computer Science instead of the pure Math/Computer Science).

Oh and for my Birthday: Well that dreaded birthday is coming up. Dear Lord, how bout a new Canon digital SLR for my photo business? Fat chance.


No comments: